Sunday, January 31, 2010

some puffs and a little decoupage

When my kiddo was just beginning to eat solid foods, he loved Happy Baby's puffs.  I loved them too, but for a different reason, I loved the shape of the containers.

I saved them all with the thought that they would be useful...someday.  Well, that day has come.  They are the perfect size to organize the "little stuff" in the playroom.  To add a little flair to the already cool design, I decided to decoupage labels onto a few containers.  I used my handy circle cutter, 1 sheet of clearance Martha Stewart paper from Micheal's, some glue, and decoupage.

First, I made the labels that I needed.

 
Then, I attached them to the puff container with a little decoupage.  I smoothed out all the bubbles and made sure the edges were secure.  Then, I put on the top coat of decoupage.  I wiped off any excess with a paper towel. 


After a couple of hours of drying time, I had several new, re-purposed storage containers. I can't wait to put them to use. 


How about you...have you re-purposed or decoupaged anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails