Tuesday, January 12, 2010
What you need...
1 cup flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips, about half a bag
What you do...
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed, mix until the butter/sugar combo is like a nice creamy spread. Then, add the egg and vanilla. Mix again on medium speed for 30 seconds or until well-combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture while mixing on low speed. Mix until all dry ingredients are well-combined and a nice dough is formed.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Place on a lined cookie sheet (with a silpat or parchment paper) and make for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container with slice of bread to prevent drying.