Monday, January 11, 2010

Ribbon Memento Board

A couple of weeks ago, my mom brought over this old frame from her basement.



It was perfect timing because I needed something to add height to a new credenza that I had purchased at super discount for the living room. As usual, I wanted to use materials that I had laying around the house already in order to 1) save $ and 2) not have to go out in this cold weather with the kiddo.

So...I came up with a Ribbon Board. I had some foam board, leftover fabric, and ribbon from the dollar bin at Michael's in my stash of craft supplies.



So, I cut a piece of foam board to fit the frame and I stapled the fabric to the foam board using a staple gun and 1/4 inch staples. Then, I used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbons (I used the glue gun so it would be easy for me to remove the ribbon in case I wanted to change it up a bit later).


There you go. A quick and easy Ribbon Memento Board that is perfect for displaying photos and memorabilia. You can find similar a idea/tutorial here, but there is also a great tutorial in the Martha Stewart Holiday, Handmade Gifts magazine from 2007. It was really my inspiration for this project. When I get a chance, I will put it up here--I've had no luck finding it on her website.

Do you have any similar projects to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails