Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mirror Reinvented

When we moved into our house, a large mirror adorned our mustard-colored powder room. This mirror was 1) too large for the space and 2) not particularly my taste. So, I banned it to the basement. Recently, I realized I could put it to good use as a budget-friendly mirror for my fireplace mantel.

Before:


After a coat of primer:


After one coat of white, semi-gloss paint:


After two coats of white, semi-gloss paint:


On the mantel:


What do you think? An improvement, right? And, it was totally free! I already had the primer and paint hanging out in the basement.

At this point, the 30 girl is all about the budget home decor makeover. How about you? Can you share any ideas with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails