It's been soup season here at Maison 30girl.
This is definitely one of my top 5 favorite soups. It's belly-warming, satisfying, yet light. Plus, it's quick and easy to make. Here's my recipe.
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2lb-1lb Italian Chicken Sausage (amount depends on your meat preference....I use about 3/4lb), de-cased
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
5 c chicken broth
1/2 tsp dried oregano and basil
1/4 tsp powdered garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 16 oz bag cheese tortellini
1/2 bag fresh spinach
freshly grated Parmesan
1. Saute onion and sausage in 1tssp extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. When meet is thoroughly browned, add garlic and saute one minute more.
2. Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth and spices, bring to boil.
3. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions.
4. Reduce heat to low, stir in spinach until wilted.
6. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and crusty bread.
Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee-Craft Edition
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green