Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Thankful Book, A Thanksgiving Tradition

As our third Thanksgiving as a family with child, I wanted to begin some traditions that we would do each year to express our gratitude for our many, many blessings.  I thought the concept of a "Thankful Book" would be able to grow with our kid(s)--it's perfect for a toddler and quite appropriate for a teenager as well, right?  Each year our Thankful Books will look different (taking on a different shape, size, style, etc), especially as the kiddo is able to participate more in the actual creation.  

This year, I made the little man's Thankful Book from card stock,  his miniature hand stencil (aren't little hands ADORABLE!, a sharpie, and some baker's twine.  My husband and I will have identical copies soon.  

This year, the three of us will be "decorating" our Thankful Books together Thanksgiving morning. It will be a fun activity to do as a family!

This is a simple craft and tradition, but one with purpose--to reflect on our thanksgivings!
What Thanksgiving traditions do you have with your family?  I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas...

Sharing with...
I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom

1 comment:

k said...

That is such a cute idea :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails