Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Recently, I made 48 of these cookies to keep and give.  I don't know about you, but I never tire of pumpkin or chocolate.  Since I can't help but try to infuse healthy ingredients into my sweet recipes, these cookies are made with little butter and a ton of oatmeal.  Actually, the recipe is based on my Oatmeal Carrot Cookies.

2 cups all-purpose flour
  2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
  1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened butter, unsalted
1 cup pumpkin puree
  1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup to decrease the sugar content)
  1 cup brown sugar
  2 eggs
  2 tsp vanilla
8-12 oz 60% cacao chocolate chips (or whatever you desire)

Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, oats, powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt) and set aside.  In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar, add pumkin, eggs, and vanilla.  Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips. Place spoonfuls of dough on baking sheet (lined with a silpat or parchment paper) 2 inches apart and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Makes about 48 cookies.
 My son loves these cookies; I think I could make them even healthier with some wheat germ, ground flax seed, or something. 
If you're hungry for more pumpkin, click here and here for other recipes I've shared this fall.  I'd love it if you shared your pumpkin favorites! 

Sharing with...
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Made By You Mondays at Skip To My Lou 
Take-A-Look Tuesdays at Sugar Bee Craft Edition 

*Update 11/23*--My son and I just made another batch of these cookies this morning.  We used about 3/4 c unsalted butter instead of 1/2 c.  We also used the full 2 cups of sugar and about 1.5 cups of pumpkin/carrot puree mix.  This batch is by far the best--the added butter and sugar makes a big difference in taste albeit the added fat and calories.  I'm taking bags of these to the neighbors today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails