Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sweet Potatoes

For our annual Thanksgiving dinner at my Uncle Tom's, I'm preparing the sweet potato dishes.  

I've decided on the following two...
  
One sweet
Martha Stewart's Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Topping

I made this pie last year for Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws and it was a delicious alternative to plain sweet potato pie.  I'm looking forward to making it again this year!  I will be serving it with fresh whipped cream.  

&

One savory
Asiago Cheese Sweet Potatoes from fresh365 via mint

As soon as I saw this dish, I knew that I wanted to make it over the Thanksgiving holiday.  When I was talking to my Uncle regarding what I should bring on Thanksgiving, I definitely mentioned more than once how I would be more than willing to bring sweet potatoes...I guess it was a slightly selfish offer. But seriously, don't those look delicious?

So, how about you?  What are you making for Thanksgiving? Do you visit family and friends or do you prepare the big feast? I'd love to hear your recipes and traditions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have to post about the 2nd one, very intriguing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails