Wednesday, November 24, 2010

shop local, buy handmade (holiday edition #1)

I'm back with another Shop Local, Buy Handmade edition where I share local Etsy shops crafting up some wonderful items.  Today's shops offer some wonderful gift options for the jewelry-lover, crafter, and/or art lover; basically, this edition features items that I would love-Ha! I'm so excited for these features!  You can find other Shop Local, Buy Handmade posts here, here, and here.  Dear readers-if you know of a great local (St. Louis area) crafter, please send me their site and info as I would love to share them here. 

Today, I'm featuring three local shops: Julia's Adorabowls and Jewelry, Handbehg Felts', and Sometimes I Swirl.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I can't say enough how I excited I am to have found this site.  I love the delicate design of each piece; there are seriously like 12 things on my "wish list".  Julia's Adorabowls and Jewelry offers lovely pieces at an even lovelier price point, which makes it a great option for your gift list this season!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Among other things, I would really like to make this and this with felt balls. I love knowing that I can pick up my supplies from a local seller or, perhaps, Santa will fill my stocking with them.  If you have an interest in felt crafts (if your not sure, Handbehg Felts' offers idea sheets) or if you just think these beauties would look great in a decorative bowl, definitely check out this shop!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
I really love these.  I need 1 for my little guy's "big boy" room and 5 for a nursery (as in whenever we decide to have a #2) and 2 or 4 for my sewing room.  These prints are unique--the perfect way to add a little whimsy to any room. 

Dear readers-if you know of a great local (St. Louis area) crafter, please send me their site and info as I would love to share them here on the30girl!

2 comments:

Angela Brian said...

KATIE!

I just wanted to let you know your turkey beak project was featured today on my blog!

sorry it took so long.

GREAT PROJECT!!!

-ang

Sarah said...

wow, thank you SO much for including my etsy shop!! it IS so important to shop local!!

and if you don't want to pay shipping and wanted to get one of my prints, the store Peridot on Cherokee Street carries a few of them, for the same price as in the etsy shop :) plus they have quite a lot of other local talent, it's an amazing AMAZING store!!

http://www.facebook.com/PeridotSTL
http://www.peridotstl.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails