Monday, November 15, 2010

DIY Linen Inspiration Board


As you know, I've been hard at work creating my Craft Closet.  Currently, There is a large blank white wall in front of the desk that I intend to fill with inspiration and things that I just like. A while back, I purchased a stack of canvases from Michael's that I put to use making chalkboard canvases to give and keep.  With a couple of the leftovers, I made these inspiration boards...I'm looking forward to covering these with likes and loves. If you are interested in making some of your own, check out the following super simple tutorial. 

1. Start with two 11x14 canvases. 


2. Cut and iron (I sprayed mine with fabric stiffener) a piece of linen a few inches bigger than the area of the canvas.

3. Fold the linen around the canvas, hold tight, and staple (with your handy staple gun) all the way around the canvas. 

Take care to fold the corners tight and smooth.


4. If desired, wrap jute twine around your canvas in a design that pleases you.  Secure it with hot glue and a tight knot in the back. 


5. Fill with lovely things.  You can insert items under the twine and/or use map pins to hold your favs.

Sharing with...
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Made By You Monday at Skip To My Lou
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog
Remodelaholic's Anonymous at Remodelaholic 

3 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

I love that you gave an old idea a brand new twist! Love the choice of textures and style.

Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee said...

I LOVE THIS!!! So cute! I love your blog! I'm your newest follower!

Thanks for your comment on my blog http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com!!!

KEEP INSPIRING!

Anonymous said...

oh lovely.. .you've done this with so much ease!! well done!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails