Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Crafting a Healthy Lunch" on Great Day St. Louis


Tomorrow morning I will be back on Great Day St. Louis (and if you are visiting from Great Day, "Welcome!") to share ideas for "Crafting a Healthy Lunch" using items including cookie cutters, sandwich cutters, veggie slicers, food markers, as well as two "bento" lunch boxes from EasyLunchBoxes.com and Laptop Lunches.  




You may ask...what is bento?  The definition from lunchinabox.net (an excellent bento resource!):
"A bento lunch is a compact, balanced, visually appealing meal packed in a box. Historically, it’s a Japanese box lunch, similar in concept to the Indian tiffin, the Korean dosirak, or the Filipino baon lunch. In Japanese, “bento” or “obento” refers to the packed meal, and “bento-bako” refers to the bento box itself."
 For more bento info, click here

For me, the concept of bento is a starting place when thinking about making lunches for my son when he goes to preschool and for my family when we need a packed meal.  Visually appealing food is clearly more appetizing and that idea goes a long way with children who may or may not be picky (my son is the picky type).  Putting just a little more time into lunch can make a big difference in terms of taste, health, and appeal.  

Compartmentalized lunch boxes like EasyLunchBoxes.com and Laptop Lunches reduce waste, keep food fresh and together, and inspire diverse meals.  
Here are a few lunches that I have packed for my 2-year-old son this school year using the Laptop Lunches System.  I've been really pleased with this product; I purchased it looking for a complete lunch box for my son to take to preschool.  The containers wash well in the dishwasher, the insulated carrying bag keeps the lunch cool and fresh, and the cute "alien" design has kept my toddler happy and excited about his lunch box. 



Also, I'm looking forward to trying out the EasyLunchBoxes.com system as well and you can too because they are giving a way a set of 4 containers and a cooler bag right here at the30girl. Click here for more information and to enter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails