I'm excited to say that the craft room is well underway. Walls have been patched and painted. Wood for my desktop has been purchased and cut. The Ikea trestle legs have been put together. And...I finished the window treatment!!!
I made this roman shade using a wonderfully straightforward and easy tutorial from Little Green Notebook that uses mini-blinds as it's base. It's amazing...you simply cut some strings, remove the blind slats that you don't need, and uses some fabric glue to attach everything together. Even better, is that the finished product actually works! *I didn't do step-by-step pictures because I found Jenny's tutorial to be so clear...why re-do it!
I'm sorry this picture is so dark, but I couldn't get the lighting right with the shade closed and the sun shining in there. Remember...my new craft room is actually a closet.
I used this fun and bright butterfly print. I've painted the walls a "white" and the furniture will be white and pine wood; I've planned for all the accessories to be bright and colorful to inspire my inner creativity! Plus, I had purchased this fabric on a whim during a JoAnn's closing sale. It was less than $3.
In reality, the total new cost for this project was $0; since, I already had the fabric, glue and the existing mini-blinds. Yay! Score one for super budget DIY!
Today, I will be sanding and painting the polyurethane on my desktop. This will take a day or so; since, I'm putting on 3-4 coats to really put a protective layer on the wood. Next up, CLEAN OUT SUPPLIES AND CURRENT OFFICE! It's a scary place right now.