1. striped shirt, navy, gap
2. always skinny jeans (saturated dark wash), gap
3. cascading always cardigan, olive moss, jcrew
4. Indigo by Clarks, Carle, available at 6pm.com
5. Bensimon, Tennis Lacet in Grey, available here, I purchased mine at Swirl (click here for an invite)
6. striped tee (mine is grey and white), gap
7. stretch slim cargo pants, beigewood (they look and fit much better in person), loft
8. ivory tee (not the one pictured), jcrew
These are a few items that I'll be wearing this fall. Basically, most days I strive for "mommy casual" in a pulled together, yet effortless, way. I stress the word strive as, quite often, I look like "mommy no-shower". I'm okay with that, but I've decided to tackle my closet and either 1) sell 2) donate or 3) store everything that I don't where currently. I have a large closet full of clothes that I mostly DO NOT WEAR. It's sad, but true. I still own a lot of dressy "work" items, silk shirts, tight skirts, too fancy for daytime dresses, and tons of HEELS. I'm not ready to get rid of them (It's hysterical how attached I am to my clothes) as I do use this collection to pull together outfits for the few occasions a month when I am at work, but I want them out of the way so that I can more quickly pull myself together on a day-to-day basis.
How about you...how to you sift through your closet and what will you be wearing this fall?
On another note, if you missed me yesterday morning on Great Day St. Louis, click here to watch the segment. I'm demonstrating the technique used to make these...
If it would just cool off, I feel like I could really get in the mood for Halloween.
Strut you Stuff at Somewhat Simple