Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baked Eggplant Parmesean

Hello, I wanted to share my secret to crispy baked eggplant parmesan.  Personally, I find these just as delectable as their fried counterparts, but with much less fat.  

1. Sweat the eggplant.  Slice your eggplant into 1/3 inch slices and place on a towel.  Lightly salt both sides and let sit for 15 minutes. 
2. Meanwhile, mix your breading.  I use 1/2 c plain bread crumbs, 1/2 c panko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tsp dried basil and oregano, and a sprinkle of garlic salt.  Also, beat two eggs in a bowl for dipping. 
3. Dab excess moisture off your eggplant slices and dip each slice in the egg and breading.  Coat each side well and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Spray tops of eggplant slices with cooking spray and place in a 400 degree oven.  Bake until slices are cooked through and super crispy.  Turn 1/2 way through baking and spray with cooking spray.  

I serve these topped with marinara sauce and melted Italian cheese blend and a side of spaghetti, also with marinara. 

On a side note, I know I promised to share my transportation play mat, but it's not quite finished.  A couple of other projects creeped up on me this week and I haven't had the chance to complete it.  Also, we didn't get too far on the craft room yet, were hoping to paint this weekend!  Next week, I'm looking forward to sharing my $50 headboard concept for our master bedroom.  Also, I have another surprise for next week as well! Have a wonderful fall Friday! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Visiting from NFF! I don't even like eggplant but I think I would love this :)

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Yum. I haven't even ever eaten eggplant and this sounds fantastic. Adding eggplant to my grocery list...

Nesty Girl said...

They look delicious! I will have to try these the next time I have people over.

I'm visiting from NFF. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I have a very similar eggplant parmesan that I make. Maybe I need to add that to our menu this week. ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails