Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the kiddo's playroom


I recently submitted the kiddo's playroom to Ohdeedoh for their room tours because I'm so proud of how this little room came together given the now-hidden sump pump problem that existed when we first moved into our home.  Yes, oddly enough, the former owners created a "finished room" with a sump pit just hanging out in the middle of the floor. Thankfully, my husband's ingenuity produced a sturdy and rather well-camouflaged "sump box" equipped with an access door and a circulation vent, which led to the creation of budget-friendly playroom. 

My focus was to create a playroom on a budget with functional spaces, room for rough-housing, and incorporates my kiddo's most prized possessions as they evolve.


The train table was purchased for $20 at our neighborhood garage sale.  The chalkboard ($15), rug ($30), magnetic board ($20), 4-cube Expedit ($50), and Lack side tables ($7 each) are from Ikea. The crayola table was a gift from Grandma. The puzzle rack is Melissa and Doug ($19), the wall shelves are from West Elm ($19 each on sale-similar here), and the wall art is made from Ikea Malma mirrors.  The A-R-T art wall is a DIY project and the quilt was a gift from Grandma.  Lastly, the Bee Art is a DIY project out of Dollar Store document frames.


I see the playroom as a continuous work in progress, but, at the moment, I love it! I especially love my old Fisher Price farm from 1979, the year I was born.  I love seeing Connor play with the same little animals that I have such fond memories of!


Parties I'm Linking To Today: 
Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple
I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge

1 comment:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Your playroom is awesome!! I love every detail you put into it. Looks like a fun place to play and learn, great job!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails