Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sea Salt Caramels

This year I gave largely edible gifts and these sea salt caramels that I ultimately dipped in dark chocolate were part of my goodie tins.  I was so excited to make these as I've never made candy before other than chocolate bark.  I was thrilled to use my new candy thermometer and I love the idea of embarking on a food journey...you never know what you may end up with!  

I used Ina Garten's recipe for Fleur De Sel Caramels, which I highly recommend as it's straightforward and the end result is a perfect sweet meets salt flavor.  I made one batch and they were pretty darn good, if I may say so myself; although, my fear of burning led to a "too light in color" caramel.  I'm okay with that result considering it was my first time...right?  I'm planning to make another batch for the New Year! 

What goodies have you been making to indulge in this holiday season?

Sharing with...
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog
Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, I think they look nice and am dying for one. happy New Year.

chris said...

These look so yummy! I would love to get a goody basket with these in there.

Sam said...

It is a very nice and informative post. Really thanks for this type of post.
Stylish Patio Canopy

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails