Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cooking with the Kiddo: Blueberry Muffins

This afternoon, the kiddo and I made some blueberry muffins. 


He washed and dried the blueberries.  He also poured each ingredient and stirred the bowls.  The result was a floury mess with a splash of cinnamon mixed in, but it was so rewarding to see my baby do such big boy work! 


"Come on, Mom, stop taking pictures and put the cake in the pan."
&
Yes, we cook wearing only a diaper and Dr. Suess book bag.  


I used this recipe from Gourmet's July 2006 issue.  What I like about this particular recipe is that the muffins are really a cross between a muffin and a scone, which makes them pair great with cup of coffee.  


How about you, what have you cooked with your kids lately?

1 comment:

LivingABonaFideLife said...

Yum, sounds like a great mix!! Is there any way you could post the recipe as well? I don't have children yet, but when I do have children, I can't wait to get them started in the kitchen at a young age! Cute blog :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails