I made these little ditties this weekend. They were easy and a hit. My goal was to combine my favorite (chocolate) with my hubby's favorite (cheesecake) to make a dessert that we would both enjoy. Plus, I gave a few away as early V-day gifts.
What you need...
1 box chocolate chip muffin mix or brownie mix
1 8oz package neufchatel cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
What you do...
1. Make the muffin box/brownie mix according to package instructions. I used Duncan Hines Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix. Instead of the oil, I always use applesauce to cut down the fat--it makes me feel a little better about indulging in all of the sugar.
2. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper squares or muffin liners or cooking spray. Fill the muffins 3/4's full with the chocolate mix.
3. Using a hand mixer, cream the neufchatel cheese and sugar. Then, add the egg and vanilla; mix until well-combined.
4. Place a dollop of the creamy cheese mixtures into each muffin tin.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is set and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25-28 minutes.