Tuesday, February 23, 2010

a shabby splurge

 
  

I was looking for a table to fit this spot in the living room.  I wanted something roomy where, theoretically, two people could casually sit and enjoy a cup of coffee and a conversation.  I had been searching for a table on the cheap that I could paint myself.  However, when I found this solid wood drop-leaf table that had already been given a shabby white paint job, I just couldn't leave it behind.  It cringed me to pay $62 for it, but I love it and it saved me from my never ending search. Now, it just needs a lamp.  

I found this table at this great little shop, Willow Lake, in O'fallon, MO.  I will do a post about this store soon; it showcases some great found objects, architectural pieces, home decor, and local artists.  Eileen, the owner, has great taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails