Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Choco-Cheesecake Muffins from a Box.

 

I made these little ditties this weekend.  They were easy and a hit.  My goal was to combine my favorite (chocolate) with my hubby's favorite (cheesecake) to make a dessert that we would both enjoy.  Plus, I gave a few away as early V-day gifts. 
What you need...
1 box chocolate chip muffin mix or brownie mix
1 8oz package neufchatel cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

What you do...
1. Make the muffin box/brownie mix according to package instructions.  I used Duncan Hines Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix.  Instead of the oil, I always use applesauce to cut down the fat--it makes me feel a little better about indulging in all of the sugar. 

2. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper squares or muffin liners or cooking spray.  Fill the muffins 3/4's full with the chocolate mix.  

 3. Using a hand mixer, cream the neufchatel cheese and sugar.  Then, add the egg and vanilla; mix until well-combined.  

4. Place a dollop of the creamy cheese mixtures into each muffin tin. 

5. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is set and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25-28 minutes. 


 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails