Saturday, April 17, 2010

art wall

i have been wanting to make a wall space for the kiddo's playroom that would display his artist creations.  i had seen these from the landofnod.com and i loved the idea of using clothes pins.  i definitely wanted something that would make it easy to change the display.  since, currently, letters are developing a bit of a theme in the playroom, i thought that using A-R-T was both fitting and straightforward.

to make this A-R-T wall, i used three natural wood letters from wal-mart purchased for $1.88 each, some hemp twine, white paint, nail tacks, and command picture hangers.  I already had the twine, paint, and tacks; so, this project was VERY budget-friendly.  
i painted the letters with two coats of polar bear white paint, attached the hemp twine with the nail tacks and a hammer and hung the three letters with adjoined twine on the wall using command picture hangers.  simple and easy, but cute and functional.  perfect for my little guy's artist endeavors and grandma's alphabet quilt. 

*Don't forget to enter to win my giveaway this week from YoBaby!*

Parties I'm Linking to Today: 
Made By You Mondays at Skip to My Lou
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Making the World Cuter Monday's at Making the World Cuter

4 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute and creative! Hope you had fun at the Ultimate Blog Party! I know its over but I'm still partying and visiting some new blogs! :)

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by, say hi, and grab a free tutu making lesson! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

Sarah said...

I Love this! Super cute! I would love it if you linked up to my Talk About it Tuesday party because you have such cute ideas!

http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/im-currently-reading-marketing-book.html

Katie Brown said...

Thanks, ladies! I will definitely have to link up at the Talk About it Tuesday party next week with a new idea! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Funny you mentioned the ART wall - was thinking of doing something similar downstairs in Drew's playroom now that we're moving all toys down there, but possibly using corkboard.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails